Veeam B&R with FreeNAS NFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syed Asif

Cadet
Dear All,

I am new in FreeNAS, i tried to configure freeNAS thousands of time for NFS but failed,

Means i am able to configure but through vmware ESXi host server OR Veeam Backup & Replication server i am not able to access because of some "Perl issue" ....

When i asked help from veeam support team they confirm that FreeNAS is not supporting Perl.

Thats why i am here to confirm,

If i am able to use freeNAS as a NFS share in Veeam B&R v8 then please please help me ...

Syed Asif

Cadet
Sorry for late reply and thanks for your reply,

Actually i want to know NFS settings step by step for ESXi with Or without authentication,

As well as information about Perl feature is available in FreeNAS or Not ?

Because when i contacted with Veeam B&R support team they said freeNAS is not supporting perl you have to install seperately,

If you have any idea please guide me currently i am using Openfiler which is also quite good but ZFS benefits not there....

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Veeam support is crazy. Most filers don't "support Perl". Configure NFS and go on your merry way. There's a beautiful manual in the links at the top of every forum page that'll help you configure FreeNAS NFS.

Syed Asif

Cadet
So, does it means FreeNAS doesn't support Perl ? even separate installation ?

If YES then, any one has idea how to configure NFS on freeNAS for Veeam Backup & Replication software ?

Because i tried dozen times but failed ...

Status
Not open for further replies.