/var: filesystem full

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeverSimple

Dabbler
Okay, I renamed my pool to 'TANK'. Yeah, I know, not very inspired...
There was a bit more work resetting all the paths in the user accounts, jail base and jail storage, but it seems to have worked out fine. As far as I can tell the system is up and running perfectly with the new pool name.

And, while I still have trouble believing it....

I just did a successful GUI upgrade to 9.2.1.5. o_O .

So, while my face still looks like colon capital O... It seems that the problem is solved!

Thanks to all the people who contributed.

Richard

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Color me shocked. Ok, I won't lie.. I wasn't too shocked. I would have been shocked if it hadn't fixed it. ;)

sysfu

Explorer
I just ran into this problem tonight when trying to run a GUI upgrade to the 9.3 beta.

The problem was caused by an earlier screw-up where I accidentally installed tried to install some packages when logged in as the root user via SSH, when I really meant to install them into a jail. So the /var partition was filled to 100% capacity as a result of the package installation attempts.

I deleted /var/cache/pkg and var/db/pkg freeing up about 50% of the space on /var. That was enough to allow the upgrade to proceed.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If I were you I would just do a fresh install of 9.3, then upload your config file. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.