Users management

Status
Not open for further replies.

EulBofo

Cadet
Hi.

I'm a complete noob for NAS, NFS, I'm just a regular GNU/Linux user (for about 20 years now :)

Here is my problem. I got an old PC (an AMD Sempron 1.8GHz with 2Gb of RAM and a 2To HD) that I want to use as a NAS server.

My home network is behind an IPCop 2.0 firewall, the network is 192.168.10.0/24. I've got one PC (mine) running Linux 24/7, a Window$ PC (my daughter's), and a half time Linux/half time Window$ for my wife.

I'd like to share the NAS space for everyone : one personnal directory for each one, and some datas for everyone (music, videos...).

My login on my Linux PC is nico. So I guess I should create a "nico" user on the FreeNAS machine. And a "guest" account for the shared datas. But when I create the NFS sharing, mapping the users for the Datas to "guest" and the group to "users", I don't have rights to copy datas on the sharing.

What did I do wrong ?

I tried some links explaining the users management, and thedocumentation and FAQ too, but I could find only dead links... Sure I could have found something... But the help of some over users could be much appreciated :)

Could you help me on that problem ?

Thanks.

\bye

Nicolas FRANCOIS

Status
Not open for further replies.