User access with LDAP is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran Rokkam

Cadet
Hi Guys,

I'm having FreeNAS with following version .

FreeNAS-8.3.0-RELEASE-x64 (r12701M)

I can connect this FreeNAS GUI device with admin username and password.

This FreeNAS device is intergrated with LDAP user authectication. I can access FreeNAS box from my Windows desktop with LDAP credentials only via Putty. GUI is accessible only through admin account.

I created the new ZFS datasets and added them to Windows share(CIFS) and MAC share (AFP).

I can't access the Windows share with my LDAP group @dcusers and ldap usernames.

But when I remove dcusers group and I added the 'nogroup' and 'nobody' . I can access the Windows share.

But I can't access Mac share AFP.

I want each individual to access the FreeNAS device to take their system backup. So I want this should work with my LDAP authentication but which not the case here.

Please note my Mac OS X or Windows 7 machines are not in Domain. But LDAP machine is located in the same data center where FreeNAS sits. I connect the FreeNAS using openvpn.

Please let me know if you need more details on the scenario.

Please help me to resolve the issue. It is on high priority and Have to resolve as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards
Kiran Rokkam

cyberjock

Inactive Account
The first thing I'd do is upgrade to the latest. You'll find almost nobody here proficient with handling 8.x.x problems since those were replaced with 9.1.0 more than a year ago. You also may be hitting a bug in FreeNAS, and the only way to rule that out is to upgrade.

I'd recommend you upgrade in the following order:

8.3.0 -> 8.3.1
8.3.1 -> 9.1.1
9.1.1 -> 9.2.0
9.2.0 -> 9.2.1.8

Please don't skip straight to 9.2.1.8. That can end badly for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.