UPS withuot USB support

Status
Not open for further replies.

esturniolo

Cadet
Hi all.
I`m new with Freenas (and Nas world in general)

My noob question is: There´s a chance to use a simple UPS without usb support with Freenas?

I mean, can I set Freenas to shutdown when the UPS changes to Battery Mode? (The only way that Freenas figures if UPS is in battery mode or not is by the power cable of the PC)

I've a simple UPS with NO USB port.

Sorry for my bad english.

Regards from Buenos Aires.

JaimieV

Guru
If there is no way for the UPS to tell FreeNAS that it has gone to battery mode, there's no way FreeNAS can shut down.

There is no communication by the power cable.

ProtoSD

MVP
You might get a better answer if you post the information about your UPS, model etc..

esturniolo

Cadet
Thanks for the answers.
I didn't post the name of the UPS, because I'm from Buenos Aires and the UPS is made in Argentina.

I think that you don't know the brand "Atomlux" hehehe.

It sad because i bougth it only for this....

Stephens

Patron
It sad because i bougth it only for this....

I'm guessing you're not out of much money. Your choices now are to return it or live with the reduced functionality (it will still partially protect your machine, even if it won't shut it down gracefully). If you return it, check for UPS compatability before you buy rather than buying random products hoping they'll work.

esturniolo

Cadet
Hi again.

Hopefully I could return the UPS without USB port.

I´m looking the new UPS that figures into the list of drivers of Freenas. The only that I´ve found (and is affordable to me) is the Emerson Liebert PSA 500 MT. Is around $65 here where I live.

Do you recommend this UPS? Someone knows it?

I´m very grateful for your answers.

Regards

Stephens

Patron
Maybe my eyes are tired but I don't see that on the Network UPS Tools Hardware Compatability List. I can only definitively speak to the UPS's I use -- CyberPower. Others have recommended APC, among others. Pick something with known support.

esturniolo

Cadet
Hi Stephens!
I see Liebert PowerSure PSA (in the link), and the drivers are in the list of UPS services of Freenas.

They are not the same UPS?

For more info.

Sadly I must pick that markets offers me. We don't have lots of brands and models to choose here in Argentina... That's my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.