UPS setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyle

Contributor
Hi, there. I invested in a UPS and I am trying to figure out how to get it to shutdown Freenas in the event of a power failure. The UPS is an APC BE550G. Below are the Freenas UPS service parameters I used. I took an educated guess on the "Driver" and "Port" parameters, as I have no idea on how to select the correct value here. I checked on www.networkupstools.org, but it doesn't list my UPS model.
I tested it out by pulling the power on the UPS. The UPS functioned fine, but Freenas never shutdown.
Would someone help point me in the right direction?

Capture.PNG

MrKz

Dabbler
Try some of the other /dev/ugen ports, you'll see if it's working in the terminal after you start the service.

lyle

Contributor
Not sure I have the terminology nailed, but when you say "in the terminal" I assume that means the CLI where you have the Console Setup options and can enter commands in the shell? So I tried all of the port options and as I changed them I watched the CLI screen. None of the port changes ever budged the screen, it just stayed put at the Console Setup screen.
Also, when you say "start the service" I assume this just means selecting OK after making the changes to the UPS service it the GUI? ie., there is no additional steps I need to take in the GUI to start the service?

paleoN

Wizard
ie., there is no additional steps I need to take in the GUI to start the service?
o_O Additional steps.

Type auto in for the port. After you try to start the UPS service:
Code:
tail -n 30 /var/log/messages
Check for relevant messages.

MrKz

Dabbler
Check under services, there is a UPS service, if it's not running, changing the UPS settings doesn't start it.

lyle

Contributor
Check under services, there is a UPS service, if it's not running, changing the UPS settings doesn't start it.

A-ha! That did it! Duh...

thanks a lot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.