UPS keeps disconnecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdwosk97

Patron
I get this notification every couple of weeks or so, but I'm not sure why -- and every time I get the email, I open up a shell and run upsc ups@localhost and I get a full print out (showing that it is connected).

Any ideas why it keeps "disconnecting" and why it seems to happen randomly?

Code:
freenas.local kernel log messages:
> ugen1.3: <American Power Conversion> at usbus1 (disconnected)
> ugen1.3: <American Power Conversion> at usbus1

-- End of security output --

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
This happened to many users in the earlier versions of 9.x
What seemed to help for me (back then) was switching USB ports so the UPS link cable was plugged
in to the motherboard's usbus0 port. IIRC this limited but not eliminated the issue for me.
The FreeNAS Devs said a third party issue was at fault, if my memory serves. It's been a while ago...

Today, (on version 9.10.2) this is what my console reads during boot up regarding my UPS.
Code:
Feb 18 01:27:17 freenas ugen0.2: <CP1000PFCLCD> at usbus0

I would replace the cable first, this was a very common issue as well

djdwosk97

Patron
This happened to many users in the earlier versions of 9.x
What seemed to help for me (back then) was switching USB ports so the UPS link cable was plugged
in to the motherboard's usbus0 port. IIRC this limited but not eliminated the issue for me.
The FreeNAS Devs said a third party issue was at fault, if my memory serves. It's been a while ago...

Today, (on version 9.10.2) this is what my console reads during boot up regarding my UPS.
Code:
Feb 18 01:27:17 freenas ugen0.2: <CP1000PFCLCD> at usbus0

I would replace the cable first, this was a very common issue as well
I'm still running 9.3, so that could be it.

I used to get the "data stale" intermixed with "disconnected, COMMBAD, COMMOK" then almost immediate reconnect. I bought a 32bit PCI VIA 2 port USB card on eBay for 3 bucks and all problems went away. Nearest thing we came up with was some sort of conflict with IPMI as one guy noticed that at the same time the disconnected message appeared something also went wonky with the IPMI KVM. This was on an X8 board, also with a Cyberpower UPS. For 3 bucks might be worth a shot. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.