Upload Freenas 11.3 config to fresh Truenas 12

Will a config file from FreeNAS 11.3 (with encryption keys) upload into a fresh TrueNAS 12, and successfully import the FreeNAS ZFS drives and recreate the pools, datasets?

I searched the forum posts and did not find anything. I am surprised I am one of a few who have not chosen an in place upgrade?

Well... I lost my bottle, installed FreeNAS 12.3U5 to a new sata boot drive (as TrueNAS does not like USB drives), loaded the config and did an in-place upgrade that worked fine (natch). So I didn't find out if TrueNAS 12U1 will load FreeNAS config. Sorry.

UncleJed

Cadet
1 year later, but still thought it would be nice to answer the question. hehe
Worked for me. I was still running FreeNAS 11.3U4 or 5 (can't remember which) at home and my thumb drive bit the dust. I imaged another thumb drive with the latest FreeNAS iso I had - which was like 11.0 or something, and as soon as I upgraded back up to 11.3 that thumb drive crashed and burned. lol
So I decided to go balls out and just do an install for the latest TrueNAS.
Made a boot disk (an old laptop hard drive this time as opposed to a lame thumb drive) for TrueNAS 12.0-U8 and got it up and running. Then I uploaded my config from the old FreeNAS 11.3-U4 or 5 and everything imported perfectly. Server rebooted itself 3 or 4 times in the following 20 minutes, but it's all working like a charm.
It's just a home toy for me - so nothing too fancy. Just a few shares and one PiHole VM.