Upgrading to TrueNas Scale 22.12-Beta1 failed

jdg

Cadet
System does not start after upgrade attempt. Just getting message that middlewared has not started, and the option to get an emergency console.
I am able to read /var/log/middlewared.log (screendump below), but unfortunatly could not copy the log file to another machine.
For now, it seems to be possible to boot the old version from the boot menu.
Any ideas?

1663182792144.png

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
It seems to be having trouble with a setting in your config.

You may be able to get it to work with a fresh install, but I suspect when you restore your config, you'll hit that same error.

Maybe boot back to the old install and see about the GUI allow list and consider changing or removing that setting. (hard to say what it would be, but as it's missing, maybe that's the issue)

LTDragon

Cadet
I had the same issue, I tried to update to 22.12 Beta1 but it wouldn't full boot up. It said that Middleware couldn't load.
I watched the initially boot up and it said that a bunch of the services failed to load and I don't know how I can share those logs.
After restarting a few times, I reloaded a previous version successfully. Please let me know If there is a way to export the logs.

sretalla