Upgrading from FreeNAS-8.3.0-RELEASE-p1-x64 (r12825)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nello

Patron
I haven't done any FreeNAS upgrades since setting it up almost a year ago with FreeNAS-8.3.0-RELEASE-p1-x64 (r12825).

Can anyone tell me what version I ought to upgrade to and what the benefits would be? (See below for my hardware configuration.) Please include a link to instructions.

Sorry for such a lame request. I'm a Macintosh guy and outside of my point-and-click world anything beyond following detailed instructions is a stretch for me.

Thank you for not flaming me.

- nello

warri

Guru
The newest stable release is 9.1.1. You should be able to upgrade via GUI without any problems.
All changes are listed in the changelog. I think the most important ones are a vastly improved jail system, newer ZFS code, and of course fixes for a lot of bugs.

Generally, try to look into the manual for your version first - or the wiki for documentation of the upcoming version. You will find that they are an excellent resource for all kinds of questions regarding FreeNAS.

nello

Patron
The newest stable release is 9.1.1. You should be able to upgrade via GUI without any problems.
All changes are listed in the changelog. I think the most important ones are a vastly improved jail system, newer ZFS code, and of course fixes for a lot of bugs.

This is exactly the level of information I need!

Thank you.

- nello

nello

Patron
Upgraded without incident.

Thanks again!

- nello

Status
Not open for further replies.