Upgraded to 9.3 now suggests I have installed a 'Nightly'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyfox

Explorer
Hi guys,

I have upgraded to Freenas 9.3, and all seems to have gone well. Then the new update feature informed me that there was an update available. I made sure that STABLE was selected, however this is what the system information displays after the update:

freenas9.3.PNG

However, upon looking at the UPDATE section, the following is displayed:

freenas9.3_2.PNG

How do I verify which one is actually installed as I do not want to be on the nightlies. If it turns out I AM on the nightlies, I assume I can just reflash with the original 9.3 stable release?

Many thanks!

joeschmuck

Old Man
You have the correct one, I had the same experience. Also mine did not automatically change to FreeNAS-9.3-Stable, I had to manually change it.

I'm sure they will fix the minor overlook soon, hopefully the next update.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I did the double take too. Remember that early adopters can expect to see issues, we just hope they are minor things like this and not serious ones.

D

dlavigne

Do you know if anyone has reported this bug yet? If not, can you create a report so that it grabs the attention of the dev team?

rogerh

Guru
The serial number in system information (0803) isn't the same as in the list of bootable versions (0832). Unless there is a good reason otherwise, it would make things clearer for these to be the same. But maybe they refer to different components that could be updated separately?

joeschmuck

Old Man
Do you know if anyone has reported this bug yet? If not, can you create a report so that it grabs the attention of the dev team?
Naw, I knew if we waited for the next update it would be fixed, and it is.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Isn't that handy :) No more waiting for point releases.
OMG, you are correct. All we will have are the funny long build numbers. It's almost like an AntiVirus program, it updates several times a day but the major version doesn't change until there is a substantial change. I do like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.