Upgraded to 9.2.1.2 and now I'm denied access to run files over network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin

Cadet
I can see my CIFS share, but whenever i try running any files it gives me an error.
http://imgur.com/vFSHdtf
It's been a very frustrating day, if anyone can help i'd appreciate it.

Note about what my freenas does:
My freenas is setup to stream movies (chromecast + plex)
Run scripted applications across my internal network (virus removals + etc)

D

dlavigne

Post a screenshot of the FreeNAS Permission settings on Ninite.

karlywarly

Dabbler
I have a very similar problem with Freenas where it seems to be hit and miss if I am allowed access to the files in my CIFS or not through Windows.

I haven't come across anyone else who has this problem and the only way I have found as a temporary fix for this issue is by going to the particular volume and then dataset in storage in the Freenas GUI and then clicking on the change permissions tab and then selecting "set permission recursively" and then change to get permission.

A while after I do this, I am back to being denied access to some of my CIFS again.

It feels like the GUI is not saving the settings correctly.

Although I have no solution to this issue, I would also be grateful if there is any fix on this. :)

Yatti420

Wizard
I believe this is a bug in 9.2.1.2 with executables..

It seems to be re-occuring with a few people.

An ACL/Permission issue I believe..

karlywarly

Dabbler
I believe this is a bug in 9.2.1.2 with executables..

It seems to be re-occuring with a few people.

An ACL/Permission issue I believe..

Thanks Yatti.

There are a few bugs fixed in the 9.2.1.3 Beta including CIFS so have updated, fingers crossed no more issues. :)

Yatti420

Wizard
I haven't messed with my permissions.. I usually change everything manually and move it anyways for the time being.. Once I build a new pool and migrate I'll fix all my permissions up.. Hopefully.. it can be tricky..

karlywarly

Dabbler
So did updating to the 9.2.1.3 work for you?

I have only used the update for a few hours so far and I haven't had this issue yet if this helps :)

Edit: although your system is a little more complex, I would make sure everything is ok for updating (plugins etc)!

ctantra

Dabbler
I experienced the same problem? Is there any fix without updating nu 9.2.1.3 Beta?

Benjamin

Cadet
Is there a way to reset all of the changes i have made to Freenas GUI without losing my ZFS?

Yatti420

Wizard
I don't really ever have issues with permission (I don't run executables usually) as I maunally change and move files from CLI alot..

9.2.1.3 should be out shortly as a release.. In the next day or so I would suspect.. For the foolhardy it "looks" like it's ready on the downloads page.. In nightlies though so use at your own risk! http://download.freenas.org/nightlies/9.2.1.3/RELEASE/

Edit: I didn't see anything in the bugs regarding cifs perms for 9.2.1.3 .. There are other SMB/CIFS bugs looks like have been fixed however.. With permissions it can be your own setup at fault.. I need to redo mine eventually..

ctantra

Dabbler
I upgraded Freenas to v9.2.1.3 but the problem is still there? Anybody has solution?

Yatti420

Wizard
Are your usernames/passwords for clients/freenas set the same? Are you using local authentication for cifs/smb?

no_connection

Patron
FreeNAS-9.2.1.3-RELEASE-x64 (dc0c46b)

Got the same problem. Extremely annoying.
Not to mention CIFS won't exactly run out of the box. <-- (insert an hour of frustration just to get it to work)

If I recursively chance permission on the ZFS volume I can execute a program.
But as soon as I copy it onto the nas again it won't execute.
Using windows/apf instead of unix you can't add folders/files
*edit* I can get it to add files/folders but still no luck executing regardless how much I play with permissions/users/shares/settings/etc

This is a serious show stopper as the NAS is unusable as is.

Using guest access as I want it just as simple/practical to access as my current NAS.

*edit*
Using datasets now, not sure what I did (as I tried lots of stuff) but I can now edit permissions on folders I create in the share, which seems to pass on inheritance to execute the file.
Files dumped directly to share still won't inherent execute permission for me.

I'm at least a bit happier which is always good =)

Status
Not open for further replies.