Upgrade to from 9.2.1.7 to .8 renamed syslog and rrd dataset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I was running on 9.2.1.7 and decided to upgrade to 9.2.1.8 since it has been out for a bit and I figured that if there are any issues they would have been found by now. After the upgrade my syslog doesn't seem to be working correctly and I noticed that the syslog and rrd datasets were renamed after the upgrade. In the link you can see the zpool history as well as the zfs list.

http://pastebin.com/HDaygHDB

I reproduced the issue in a test vm and got syslog working correctly by toggling the syslog and rrd setting under the system dataset tab. I'm not sure if this the correct solution and would like more input. I feel like they should have never been renamed in the first place.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
No, they were supposed to be renamed. The reason doesn't really apply for FreeNAS, but since it shares code with TrueNAS and they use the same code base we all saw the change as well.

I'm not sure what to say because my syslogs are working just fine after upgrading to 9.2.1.8. I didn't have to do anything special.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
The console in the footer wasn't working but a reboot fixed that. Care to explain the reason for the unique name they have now?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
It's for HA setups (which is a TrueNAS feature). It makes sure that when you have 2 heads and 1 pool they don't collide with each other.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Ahh.. Gotcha

Status
Not open for further replies.