Upgrade from 8.3.1 to 9.1.0 failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlh414

Dabbler
The first time I did the upgrade, I forgot I had on old jail setup that I never used. Deleted the jail and tried again. This is the /data/update.failed contents:

Code:
BrokenMigration: While loading migration 'plugins:0006_auto__add_nullmountpoint':
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/South-0.7.6-py2.7.egg/south/migration/base.py", line 301, in migration
    migration = __import__(full_name, {}, {}, ['Migration'])
  File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/plugins/migrations/0006_auto__add_nullmountpoint.py", line 15
    ('destination', self.gf('django.db.model
                                           ^
SyntaxError: EOL while scanning string literal

Anything I need to change for the upgrade to work?

D

dlavigne

Did you already upgrade once and then try upgrading again? The first upgrade should have worked. Which version is showing in System Information.

mlh414

Dabbler
I tried the first time it didn't work so I tried it again and found the errors in the file, then thought to delete the jail completely. Once that was done I tried yet again the same errors in the update.failed file were seen. Every time the update was attempted, the same version as before was shown in the SysInfo - FreeNAS-8.3.1-RELEASE-p2-x64 (r12686+b770da6_dirty)

D

dlavigne

Please create a ticket at support.freenas.org which contains the contents of /data/update.failed as well as the version and architecture being upgraded from.

mlh414

Dabbler
Ticket #2488 created.

mlh414

Dabbler
Upgrade via CD worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.