Updating radarr in jail permissions issue

biggyk

Contributor
Hey guys,

I started with installing radarr using the documentations for the radarr github and it was working great untill i noticed I could not update. It was accessing github. I deleted the jail and used the offical package repo to install it. The gui is up and running but when I go to update it gives me
Error occurred while executing task ApplicationUpdate: Startup folder not writable by user 'radarr'

Since in still kinda new at this im not sure where the location to chmod is. Can someone help me out pls?

Thanks

sky190176

Cadet
I have the same isssue, installed using the package in a jail. The pkg is now a few versions out of date. updating within Radarr gives the permisson issue.

JJT211

Patron
Im having the same issue. From the Wiki it states:

Cannot install update because startup folder is not writable by the user
This means Radarr will be unable to update itself. You'll have to update Radarr manually or set the permissions on Radarr's Startup directory (the installation directory) to allow Radarr to update itself.

Where is the startup directory?

JJT211

Patron
So after browsing the Radarr github FreeBSD instruction (although it appears they are for warden not iocage):

Code:
chmod 555 /etc/rc.d/radarr
#this is needed for updates within Radarr
ln -s /usr/local/bin/mono /bin

That comment is refering to the above comment correct?

But after browsing the install instructions from the resources thread, I figured below is the startup directory correct?

Code:
iocage exec radarr chmod u+x /usr/local/etc/rc.d/radarr

Is that the same as chmod 555?

I tried replacing chmod "u+x" with 555 as well as 777 with no luck. Am I looking at the correct directory? Has anyone had any luck updating Radarr? The only way I can figure doing it, is a complete reinstall, but that sucks.

shaitand

Cadet
For anyone else who runs into this issue. You don't need to relax permissions just change ownership.

Open a shell in your jail:

jls to show jail#
jexec jail# tcsh

root@radarr:/usr/local # chown -R radarr:radarr /usr/local/share/radarr

This directory also needs to be owned by radarr:radarr (it should be but I changed the radarr userid to a common value so I could delete and modify files on a windows share)

/usr/local/radarr

oscar13sd

Cadet
I know this is old, but in case anyone else googles for this problem:

try running /root/post_install.sh within the jail. Not sure if this was common sense for everyone else, but it wasn't for me.

partisan

Cadet
I know this is old, but in case anyone else googles for this problem:

try running /root/post_install.sh within the jail. Not sure if this was common sense for everyone else, but it wasn't for me.
Thanks it works.

just type ./post_install.sh and click update everything okay :smile: