Updated to FreeNAS 8.3.0 Beta 3 but didn't upgrade ZFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z300M

Guru
I upgraded my system from 8.2.0-RELEASE-p1 (x64) to 8.3.0-BETA3 but haven't upgraded ZFS to v28. Now FreeNAS reports that it is unable to tell me the status of my storage pool.

I know that if I upgrade I cannot go back to v15. Is there any reason NOT to upgrade to v28? I have 4 x 2TB drives in RAIDZ1. The machine has 8GB RAM.

kingtj

Dabbler
I have pretty much the same configuration you do (8GB of RAM in an HP Microserver running 4x2TB drives in a RAIDZ1 configuration). I just noticed the yellow flashing alert message telling me I should upgrade my ZFS, so I went to the command line and issued the zfs upgrade command to go from version 15 to 28.

It completed almost instantly and said it was successful, but I immediately discovered I could no longer see any of my shares from my OS X Mountain Lion based Mac on my network! I rebooted my Mac but no change. Turns out you need to reboot FreeNAS before they'll show up again. Whew!

But yeah - seems to all be working fine so far.

Stephens

Patron
I suspect you may have been able to just turn off the sharing services, then turn them back on, but a reboot every now and then isn't so bad either.

Status
Not open for further replies.