Updated documentation for firefly plugin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonmason

Dabbler
I just installed the latest firefly plugin. I am trying to configure it's jail settings first and see lots of fields that I am not sure how to configure. I found a number of links to help setup but under older versions or that skip fields in the explanation. Is there any updated documentation? I am a newbie to setting up FreeNAS so any help is appreciated.

D

dlavigne

Is there any updated documentation?

Not since the 9.1.1 User Guide. Anything else would be a how-to in the forums, if any users have created any. Unfortunately, firefly is not well documented and has not had a release since 2008.

simonmason

Dabbler
So maybe I can try to diagnose here. I have configured the plugin. I get the following error when I reboot FreeNAS.

May 5 08:13:50 freenas manage.py: [plugins.utils:92] Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.2.200:8090/plugins/firefly/3/_s/status: HTTP Error 500: INTERNAL SERVER ERROR

When I click on the plugin to turn it on, it turns on and I get no messages. I get no response on port 3689 for the firefly interface. If I try to turn it off - it won't turn off. And I don't seem to get any messages.

I think I configured the plugin correctly so I am assuming that the jail configuration for the plugin is where I didn't do everything correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.