Update killed plugins, Plex library possible permissions problem

shplack

Cadet
Updating to the latest build caused FreeNAS to not be able to see plugins or jails. After a iocage clean and restart, qBittorrent and Plex were successfully reinstalled. qBittorrent mounting points working successfully. Adding libraries not possible when directing folder to an estabished mount point. Setting up library folders and creating mount points thereafter doesn't work since Plex seems to be unable to scan for files. Deleting a library and trying to re-add the library doesn't work, I'm unable to select the folder in the Plex directory. I have no snapshots to rollback to (lesson learned)

What's my next step?

Thanks in advance,
shplack

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Updating to the latest build caused FreeNAS to not be able to see plugins or jails. After a iocage clean and restart, qBittorrent and Plex were successfully reinstalled. qBittorrent mounting points working successfully. Adding libraries not possible when directing folder to an estabished mount point. Setting up library folders and creating mount points thereafter doesn't work since Plex seems to be unable to scan for files. Deleting a library and trying to re-add the library doesn't work, I'm unable to select the folder in the Plex directory. I have no snapshots to rollback to (lesson learned)

What's my next step?

Thanks in advance,
shplack
I have seen some other issues mentioned in the forum. I would ask that you please open a detailed trouble report using the "Report a Bug" link in the menu above. I think there may have been some unforseen problems in the latest update that need to be examined by the development team.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems

What's my next step?

Thanks in advance,
shplack
Post getfacl output for your media dataset "getfacl /mnt/tank/media" (substitute with correct pool and dataset names).

shplack

Cadet
Post getfacl output for your media dataset "getfacl /mnt/tank/media" (substitute with correct pool and dataset names).
1574516971883.png

shplack

Cadet
The problem is probably not with the root of the jail. I presume you've mounted a media dataset inside the plex jail I need to see the permissions on that dataset.
1574595723189.png

The URL above is mounted to another dataset, a previous configuration which worked before the update.

shplack

Cadet
Okay. It looks like permissions were reset (possibly on Media/Movies). Post output of "zfs list" and "testparm-s" outside of the jail.
Code:
% zfs list
NAME                                                        USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
Flaxseed                                                   2.57T  7.96T    88K  /mnt/Flaxseed
Flaxseed/.system                                           26.0M  7.96T    96K  legacy
Flaxseed/.system/configs-1e9984bcf13340bcb68bc263ecb0a902   772K  7.96T   716K  legacy
Flaxseed/.system/cores                                      704K  7.96T   648K  legacy
Flaxseed/.system/rrd-1e9984bcf13340bcb68bc263ecb0a902      22.8M  7.96T  16.9M  legacy
Flaxseed/.system/samba4                                     392K  7.96T   284K  legacy
Flaxseed/.system/syslog-1e9984bcf13340bcb68bc263ecb0a902   1.13M  7.96T  1.02M  legacy
Flaxseed/.system/webui                                       88K  7.96T    88K  legacy
Flaxseed/Games                                             2.12T  7.96T  2.08T  /mnt/Flaxseed/Games
Flaxseed/Media                                              434G  7.96T   329G  /mnt/Flaxseed/Media
Flaxseed/iocage                                            32.9G  7.96T  3.97M  /mnt/Flaxseed/iocage
Flaxseed/iocage/download                                    272M  7.96T    88K  /mnt/Flaxseed/iocage/download
Flaxseed/iocage/download/11.2-RELEASE                       272M  7.96T   272M  /mnt/Flaxseed/iocage/download/11.2-RELEASE
Flaxseed/iocage/images                                      144K  7.96T    88K  /mnt/Flaxseed/iocage/images
Flaxseed/iocage/jails                                      31.6G  7.96T    88K  /mnt/Flaxseed/iocage/jails
Flaxseed/iocage/jails/plex-plexpass                        31.2G  7.96T   328K  /mnt/Flaxseed/iocage/jails/plex-plexpass
Flaxseed/iocage/jails/plex-plexpass/root                   31.2G  7.96T  32.0G  /mnt/Flaxseed/iocage/jails/plex-plexpass/root
Flaxseed/iocage/jails/qbittorrent                           359M  7.96T   388K  /mnt/Flaxseed/iocage/jails/qbittorrent
Flaxseed/iocage/jails/qbittorrent/root                      359M  7.96T  1.08G  /mnt/Flaxseed/iocage/jails/qbittorrent/root
Flaxseed/iocage/log                                         156K  7.96T    96K  /mnt/Flaxseed/iocage/log
Flaxseed/iocage/releases                                   1.05G  7.96T    88K  /mnt/Flaxseed/iocage/releases
Flaxseed/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE                      1.05G  7.96T    88K  /mnt/Flaxseed/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE
Flaxseed/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE/root                 1.05G  7.96T  1.05G  /mnt/Flaxseed/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE/root
Flaxseed/iocage/templates                                   144K  7.96T    88K  /mnt/Flaxseed/iocage/templates
freenas-boot                                               1.49G  12.1G    64K  none
freenas-boot/ROOT                                          1.48G  12.1G    29K  none
freenas-boot/ROOT/11.2-U7                                  1.48G  12.1G   758M  /
freenas-boot/ROOT/Initial-Install                             1K  12.1G   757M  legacy
freenas-boot/ROOT/default                                   315K  12.1G   758M  legacy

Code:
% testparm -s
Load smb config files from /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf
Processing section "[Games]"
Processing section "[Media]"
Processing section "[iocage]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE

# Global parameters
[global]
        aio max threads = 2
        deadtime = 15
        disable spoolss = Yes
        dns proxy = No
        dos charset = CP437
        hostname lookups = Yes
        kernel change notify = No
        lm announce = Yes
        load printers = No
        logging = file
        max log size = 51200
        max open files = 231788
        nsupdate command = /usr/local/bin/samba-nsupdate -g
        obey pam restrictions = Yes
        printcap name = /dev/null
        security = USER
        server min protocol = SMB2_02
        server role = standalone server
        server string = FreeNAS Server
        time server = Yes
        idmap config *: range = 90000001-100000000
        idmap config * : backend = tdb
        acl allow execute always = Yes
        create mask = 0666
        directory mask = 0777
        directory name cache size = 0
        dos filemode = Yes
        strict locking = No

[Games]
        aio write size = 0
        path = "/mnt/Flaxseed/Games"
        read only = No
        veto files = /.snapshot/.windows/.mac/.zfs/
        vfs objects = zfs_space zfsacl streams_xattr
        zfsacl:acesort = dontcare
        nfs4:chown = true
        nfs4:acedup = merge
        nfs4:mode = special

[Media]
        aio write size = 0
        path = "/mnt/Flaxseed/Media"
        read only = No

[iocage]
        aio write size = 0
        path = "/mnt/Flaxseed/iocage"
        read only = No

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I want to add that removing the mount points and readding them does not help
No. That wouldn't help in this situation. Right now the only people who can read your media dataset are "root" and members of "wheel". Try the following:
Code:
setfacl -m u:972:full_set:fd:allow /mnt/Flaxseed/Media
winacl -a clone -rv -p /mnt/Flaxseed/Media

This will grant plex (uid 972) full control of the media dataset and apply the permission change recursively. If you have a local group (smbusers for example) that needs access as well, you can repeat but this time setfacl -m g:smbusers:full_set:fd:allow /mnt/Flaxseed/Media

shplack

Cadet
No. That wouldn't help in this situation. Right now the only people who can read your media dataset are "root" and members of "wheel". Try the following:
Code:
setfacl -m u:972:full_set:fd:allow /mnt/Flaxseed/Media
winacl -a clone -rv -p /mnt/Flaxseed/Media

This will grant plex (uid 972) full control of the media dataset and apply the permission change recursively. If you have a local group (smbusers for example) that needs access as well, you can repeat but this time setfacl -m g:smbusers:full_set:fd:allow /mnt/Flaxseed/Media
That did the trick! The next time I flip a coin into a lucky fountain I'll wish for your prosper, for now, have a Like!