Update crashplan to 3.7.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raidflex

Guru
just give "other" write permissions for simplicity

Yeah, I was planning on doing that also, I just did not want to have the Dataset owned by root/wheel.

Ziferius

Dabbler
So, when I installed the plugin, I had to modify the run.conf twice -- once for the update from 3.5.x to 3.6.x and again from 3.6.x to 3.7.

The several things I really had to do to get this fixed was:
1. Made /etc/rc.local (set perms to 755 so crashplan autostarts) to:
cpuset -l 0 /usr/local/share/crashplan/bin/CrashPlanEngine start
2. Start up the Crashplan Engine by
/etc/rc.local
and let it update... and crash...
3. Editted /usr/pbi/crashplan-amd64/share/crashplan/bin/run.conf per:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/crashplan-plugin-wont-start.24243/#post-149005
4. Do step #2 again
5. Do step #3 again
6. Edit /usr/pbi/crashplan-amd64/share/crashplan/conf/my.service.xml and change 127.0.0.1 to 0.0.0.0 *
7. On your desktop, edit the C:\Program Files\CrashPlan\conf\ui.properties to uncomment serviceHost of the crashplan jail and uncomment servicePort.
8. Add Storage to your jail so you can backup stuff

* -- Major Potential Security Hazard -- you are letting the whole network in your CrashPlan server.... they can do very mean things to you; so be very careful here!

nickt

Contributor
Hi all,

Like a few posters, although I have the Crashplan plugin working very nicely, it seems to be "stuck" at 3.6.3. It works just fine, but I've had it running for a nearly a week and it hasn't updated itself at all. The various fixes mentioned are just fine in my setup - these are all as they ought to be.

Is there any way i can force an update?

* -- Major Potential Security Hazard -- you are letting the whole network in your CrashPlan server.... they can do very mean things to you; so be very careful here!

Interesting point... is there some other setting that can be used other than 0.0.0.0? Ours is a controlled environment, so is there not some other way to configure crashplan without leaving ourselves open to the entire world?

stualden

Explorer
I have precisely the same problem as nickt above - Crashplan is showing no interest in updating from 3.6.3. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I've been backing up from FreeNAS to a Windows box which is running 3.7.0. Backing up works perfectly, but it appears that restoring will not work until I can move the plugin to 3.7.0 (hence my interest in this).

I'm accessing the plugin using the 0.0.0.0 trick (from another Windows box, not the destination of the backups). Nothing else unusual about my setup as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.