Update changelogs or updates themselves potentially broken (nightlies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

powernode

Dabbler
Hi all,

Before opening a ticket I would like to share my issue here to see if a simple solution exists. My current update train is FreeNAS-9.3-Nightlies and since several months I am facing an annoying issue which maybe hides a serious one or I am misunderstanding something.

Basically, my changelog (the one in the gui or the log daily sent to my mailbox) is messed up:
I can have the same message duplicated many times within the log or a message, which was part of a previous update, reappears in a new update (even though I performed the previous updates).

I am worried that updates are actually not performed, despite doing a check via the gui update tells me nothing needs to be updated.

For instance in the picture attached you can see one of my last updates (2 days ago) and the corresponding changelog was:

833b989 Revert "Revert "Revert "add Riak CS / Riak CS control / Stancion to build"""
(...) removed here 10x of this "833b989 Revert "Revert..." message
833b989 Revert "Revert "Revert "add Riak CS / Riak CS control / Stancion to build"""
865c286 fix log message spamming - ticket #12023
059dfae More changes needed to chase python ssl changes.
b666fe7 Chase changes to python's ssl usage.
8a1c184 When possible, specify a default kerberos realm

And the new update I have today includes duplicated entries of 865c286 , 059dfae, b666fe7 and 8a1c184 changes...

Anyone facing the same issue? Can I "reset"/"clean" some changelog stuuf or actually check that updates are performed correctly?

Thanks!

Attachments

• snap1.png
    snap1.png
    34 KB · Views: 252

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I believe it is a somewhat known issue among the devs, but don't have an issue number at hand.

powernode

Dabbler
Thanks for the reply,

Thus it is a potential issue mentioned by the developers... but so far no plan to fix it? Am I one of the unlucky folks with this issue?

BR,

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Thanks for the reply,

Thus it is a potential issue mentioned by the developers... but so far no plan to fix it? Am I one of the unlucky folks with this issue?

BR,
I don't know what the current status is, but they were working on it. Unfortunately, it's caused, in part, by some architectural decisions for the build/update process. Reviewing them takes time.

powernode

Dabbler
I see... The spamming is not really a major problem is more the fact that I dunno if updates actually take place. I could understand that a changelog message is replicated every day as long as the update is not performed but why after the update is done and the updater tells me that no updates are available, I still receive the days after changelog with previous messages...

Is there a way to check that an update has been actually performed, besides seeing a new entry in the boot section?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.