unauthenticated access issues within AD Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk3y.0n3

Cadet
Hi, Hope someone here can point me in the right direction

I have recently done a total rebuild on my FreeNas setup. I’m now running FreeNAS-11.2-RELEASE. The problem I’m running into is that as soon as I join the FreeNAS server to my AD domain I can no longer get unauthenticated access to work. I can set up unauthenticated SMB sharing before joining the server to the domain but once I join I need to provide domain creds.

Is this intended behavior or am I missing? My goal would be to have a dataset does not require authentication and a second that I can manage with Windows ACL’s. Thanks in advance for any advice.

m0nkey_

MVP
That would be intended behavior. Once it joins AD, you must be authenticated to connect to any share using SMB.

BrandonH75

Cadet
If I can piggyback a little...do you then have to authenticate using AD credentials only? I have one on a domain but I can't seem to connect to a share using a local user from any Windows box. AD users work fine.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
If I can piggyback a little...do you then have to authenticate using AD credentials only? I have one on a domain but I can't seem to connect to a share using a local user from any Windows box. AD users work fine.

You can configure so that local users created on the _FreeNAS_ server can access the FreeNAS server. You just have to configure ACLs correctly.

Carlosgrr

Cadet
Hi, Hope someone here can point me in the right direction

I have recently done a total rebuild on my FreeNas setup. I’m now running FreeNAS-11.2-RELEASE. The problem I’m running into is that as soon as I join the FreeNAS server to my AD domain I can no longer get unauthenticated access to work. I can set up unauthenticated SMB sharing before joining the server to the domain but once I join I need to provide domain creds.

Is this intended behavior or am I missing? My goal would be to have a dataset does not require authentication and a second that I can manage with Windows ACL’s. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have just made a post on the forum that might be related and solve these issues.
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/guest-access-in-smb2-disabled-in-windows-10.72097/

Status
Not open for further replies.