Unable to update PLEX Via script

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwhite78

Dabbler
Hello! I am using the PMS_Updater.sh to pull updates for my Plex install (Manual install in jail, not plugin). I receive the following errors.

Code:
root@Plex:~ # ./PMS_Updater.sh -a -u <MY PLEX ID>

Password: 

Done.

Password: 

bzip2: /tmp/PlexMediaServer-1.8.1.4139-c789b3fbb-freebsd-amd64.tar.bz2: file ends unexpectedly

You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover

data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.

/tmp/PlexMediaServer-1.8.1.4139-c789b3fbb-freebsd-amd64.tar.bz2 is not a valid archive, cannot update with this file.

Could anyone point out what I'm doing improperly?

Thanks!

danb35

Hall of Famer
Is there a reason you aren't just doing pkg upgrade? The FreeBSD packages are pretty up-to-date, after all. Otherwise, it would look like you're pulling a corrupted or incomplete download.

dwhite78

Dabbler
Is there a reason you aren't just doing pkg upgrade? The FreeBSD packages are pretty up-to-date, after all. Otherwise, it would look like you're pulling a corrupted or incomplete download.

Well, the base package is locked from the install process I followed here. I was under the impression that I would be able to update from within the interface of plex using this method, but it does not appear to have worked.

I also don't think that the
Code:
pkg upgrade
has the plexpass version

Last edited:

scrappy

Patron

danb35

Hall of Famer
I also don't think that the
Code:
pkg upgrade
has the plexpass version
Sure it does, if that's what you installed. pkg install plexmediaserver-plexpass.

Status
Not open for further replies.