Unable to start LDAP service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiddster

Cadet
I am pretty new to Linux and have been searching the forums trying to figure out why I can't get the LDAP service to start on FreeNAS-8.3.1-RELEASE-x64 (r13452). I have not had any luck so far. I am not sure what log to look in to see what mesages I am getting from trying to start the service. I have been looking at /var/log/messages but nothing is added when I try to start LDAP. Here are some quick outputs I have tried. IP's and names have been changed to protect the innocent.

[root@myserver] /var/log# ldapsearch -H ldap://myip: port -x -b "" -s base -LLL supportedSASLMechanisms
dn:
supportedSASLMechanisms: GSSAPI
supportedSASLMechanisms: GSS-SPNEGO
supportedSASLMechanisms: EXTERNAL
supportedSASLMechanisms: DIGEST-MD5

[root@myserver] /var/log# ldapsearch -b 'DC=domain,DC=com' '(cn=user)'
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Local error (-2)
additional info: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Miscellaneous failure (see text) (open(/tmp/krb5cc_0): No such file or directory)

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Brian

J

James

Are you using SSL or TLS? If so, does the LDAP server support anonymous authentication? Does a query that specifies the full base DN and password with the proper SSL/TLS flags set work?

hraynor

Dabbler
I'm having the same thing in 8.3.1-p2. Previously 8.3.1 I could get LDAP to start, and then getent passwd, etc would work. (more than I can say about some of the CIFS issues when using LDAP though).

Not sure why, but LDAP never starts now.

Status
Not open for further replies.