Unable to mount NFS share in esxi/vsphere

cyrus104

Explorer
I am running the TN Scale 21.06 Beta and am unable to get an NFS share to mount on vsphere 7.0.2.

I the dataset being used is a folder with iso files and I also have it mounted as Samba. I only want to mount it in esxi / vsphere as read only using the read only option in vsphere. I have tested by removing the Samba share. Ideally I won't change the user and the group that it's running as because I have other servers picking up the iso files too.

I get a "NFS server denied mount" message on vsphere.

ApolloDS

Dabbler
Can you specify in vsphere that the esxi nfs should use version 4 for connection?
I had this problem and needed to switch to version 4 on proxmox.

cyrus104

Explorer
I can but I didn't have version 4 on TN Scale turned on either. I think it's a permissions issue because I created a new empty dataset and set the permissions to root:nogroup, then setup a share that was all defaults and vsphere was able to mount it without issue. As this dataset already exists and being used, I can't change the user:group to test it.

cyrus104

Explorer
I've been testing a few other options but haven't gotten vsphere to mount a TrueNAS NFS share that already has other permissions.