Unable to create multiple NFS shares with different allowed hosts

Status
Not open for further replies.

neptune

Cadet
Build: FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201509220011

Issue: I have two existing NFS Shares created prior to rolling up to 9.3.

/mnt/ZFS/path/to/folder: No Authorized Networks Specified (blank field), One Authorized IP specified
/mnt/ZFS: No Authorized Networks Specified (blank field), 3 Authorized IPs Specified

When attempting to add an additional host to either share, clicking OK generates an error:

"The network 0.0.0.0/0 is already being shared and cannot be used twice for the same filesystem."

Temporary work around was to specify a /28 network along with the individual host in the first share, though this ultimately gives more hosts access to the target than I intend. Is FreeNAS silently applying a 0.0.0.0/0 network rule, and if so, why? Is this a bug or working as intended?

(I was going to post in an existing thread but my issue seems to be different since I'm not using Networks).

Nick2253

Wizard
I think your issue may be exactly the same.

Is /mnt/ZFS/path/ a child dataset of /mnt/ZFS, or is it just a subfolder?

neptune

Cadet
/path is a subfolder of /mnt/ZFS, not a child dataset.

The distinction here is that I am trying to make access available by IP, FreeNAS appears to be auto-filling the network.

Nick2253

Wizard
The problem is that you are trying to make two different NFS shares for the same dataset. That is why it isn't working. Which is exactly the same issue that the other thread ran in to. Read @cyberjock's reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.