Getting error “You can't share same filesystem with overlapping networks”

mpfusion

Contributor
I upgraded to FreeNAS-11.2-U2.1 and when I want to edit my NFS shares I now get the error:

Code:
You can't share same filesystem with overlapping networks 10.0.31.0/24 and 10.0.31.22/32.
This is so because /etc/exports does not act like ACL and it is undefined which rule among all overlapping networks will be applied.

The share is configured as follows:

Path: /some/path
Authorized Networks: 10.0.31.0/24
Authorized Hosts and IP addresses: foobar

The host “foobar” changes it's IP address and is connecting from different networks. At the time of the error it had the IP address 10.0.31.22, which is the address mentioned in the error message. This configuration was working fine in FreeNAS-11.1-U4.

Is this a bug in 11.2-U2.1 or a misconfiguration on my part?

OS Version: FreeNAS-11.2-U2.1
Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L3426 @ 1.87GHz (8 cores)
Memory: 12 GiB

D

dlavigne

The error message is correct as the host (while at that address) is overlapping.

mpfusion

Contributor
Thanks for the clarification. Then the question is: How to share to a particular network (10.0.31.0/24 in this case) as well as a host (foobar in this case) which might be part of different networks?

D

dlavigne

You should be able to use the hostname for the host (assuming there is a DNS server aware of the DDNS updates).

D

dlavigne

It is probably worth reporting at redmine.ixsystems.com. If you do, post the issue number here.