Unable to connect to shares on windows (access denied)

sakefox

Cadet
Hello, I am extremely new to FreeNAS, but ran into a issue trying to connect to shares on windows 7. Have watched several youtube videos and followed several guides I seen, but not sure where I am failing at to get it working.

Have remade a user several times and currently have 'testuser' in its own primary group and aux groups of media and wheel. Do have Microsoft Account checked. Have 1 pool called 'fileshare' and in the permissions have added the user 'testuser' to that and ACL Type Windows. Have done premissions recursively to try but no change. Have 1 SMB share to that pool named 'winshare'.

When i go to the server in win7 file \\192.168.1.50 the only login that works is root to see any of the share. Log in with that and i can see 'winshare', but if i go to open that it asks for a login again however root doesn't work and if I use 'testuser' it says access denied.

I am not sure what I am missing to get the 'testuser' account to connect and be able to access the share.

Version:
FreeNAS-11.2-RELEASE-U1

sakefox

Cadet
I did get it resolved, but never actually figured out what was wrong.

After reading a bunch of threads and things to test with policies and such with no help I decided to reinstall Win7 on a spare drive and test before updates and after just to see and to my surprised it just worked. I never messed with settings before on my computer for that stuff, but maybe something did. I am just going and reinstalling things, but it's working and that's good enough for me.