Unable to boot to GUI to Offline disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamDom

Dabbler
Where does it say that? Did you run a SMART test? If so did you run it on the spare or on the drives that are in your zpool? Are you sure it's not your spare which has the disk errors? Double, no triple check the gptid of the disk that is showing failures before removing that drive. Because you have Raid0, if you remove the wrong disk, your entire pool will be lost. Since your system is online now, I would first backup all the important stuff to another machine and then worry about replacing drives.

I've not run any tests as I'm concentrating on syncing my backups, but it tells me on the status 'bulb' thing.

QECyyaB.png

Inxsible

Guru
Yes that probably came from SMART tests that were scheduled. In that case, backup the data. Run SMART long tests on every disk to make sure other drives don't have issues and then replace ada2/W500A3E5

TeamDom

Dabbler
Yes that probably came from SMART tests that were scheduled. In that case, backup the data. Run SMART long tests on every disk to make sure other drives don't have issues and then replace ada2/W500A3E5

Yeah, sorry - I meant I hadn't kicked any off. That's the plan dude, see how much of this I can squeeze elsewhere and bin the rest. I can actually get my hands on a large external drive tomorrow but that runs the risk of further disaster... :D

Inxsible

Guru
Good Luck. See you on the other side (of RAIDZ1 or shall I say RAID0 ;) )

Inxsible

Guru
And now you have the Newbie tag under your username. It was probably a 10 post count requirement :)

Status
Not open for further replies.