Unable to add folder from FreeNas into Sonar

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleWorld

Cadet
Hi guys, this is the first time i write here, and after reading a zillion of posts I decided to ask your help.

I have installed freenas 9.3 and added storage disks. I use Ubuntu 14.04 as client.

When in Nautilus i click on Browse Network, i see the freenas server and i can easily download/upoload all i need.

Unfortunately i cannot seem to find a way to add the shared folder in the Sonar configuration. Any path that i add i get this error message: "Invalid Path".

From Ubuntu terminal, if I run smbclient -L //192.168.0.195 I get the following info:

Sharename Type Comment
--------- ---- -------
FreeNAS_Share Disk

IPC$ IPC IPC Service (CIFS_FreeNAS)

Domain=[CIFS] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 4.1.21]

Server Comment
--------- -------
ALFA CIFS_FreeNAS

Workgroup Master
--------- -------
CIFS FIRST
WORKGROUP ROBERT

Can somebody help me?

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
did you create a mount point on your linux system? You will need to do that if you want to add it to sonarr. I would also suggest just running sonarr in a jail on your freenas system. It makes moving files around much faster and sometimes using a remote filesystem causes strange locking issues.

SimpleWorld

Cadet
sonar is installed on my ubuntu 14.04 client.

How do I set it up in a way that Sonar reads/checks/moves all the files to the ZFS-Raid system on FreeNas?

Assume that:
  • the FreeNas server is located at 192.168.0.150
  • the domain is: Local.FreeNas
  • the host name is: FreeNas_First
  • The folder where I want Sonar to move all files is: Share/My Video/2016/Completed (completed is a datset)
  • The folder where i want Sonar to check for imports is: Share/My Video/2016/Not Yet Completed (Not Yet Completed is a dataset)
  • The ubuntu client's user allowed to access the forlder and Subfolders located at /My Video with all the permission is: Jhon
I don;lt know how to create a mount point on my ubuntu, I've looked but when i do that i am not sure how to link it with the folder on FreeNas and I am feeling so hopeless right now!

danb35

Hall of Famer
If you're running Sonarr on your Ubuntu machine, this is an Ubuntu problem, and you'll be much more likely to find folks who can help you on the Ubuntu forums. Or Google might help. The first three hits that turned up for me when I searched "mount network share ubuntu" were https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MountWindowsSharesPermanently, https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Samba/SambaClientGuide, and https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MountWindowsSharesPermanently. I'm not sure about the second, but the first and third look directly relevant to your question.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Which page? I gave you three. But in any case, none of them were talking about Windows servers, but all were talking about Windows (i.e., CIFS) shares--which is what you said you had.

Or you can do as @pirateghost suggests, share those datasets via NFS, and figure out how to mount those to your Ubuntu box. Again, your best resource for help with that would be the Ubuntu folks, not here.

Status
Not open for further replies.