Ubuntu Jail - how to get SSH to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed a Ubuntu Jail and have not been able to get anywhere from there.

The only way I succeeded to access the Ubuntu server is through the jail web terminal. Problem in that terminal is that ctrl does not work.

I want to access by ssh where I can use ctrl. SSH is installed but I have not succeeded to login as root or any other user. Since I can not use ctrl I can not reconfigure the ssh setting file to set it up properly. Basically for all crucial stuff you need to use a editor but all Linux editors require the ctrl key in order to save the work.

As you see I am stuck, please hint me in the right direction :). I dont think this is a plain Ubuntu problem, more a Frenas Ubuntu Jail problem.

Edit: Please note that jls and jexec method dont work with linux jails. As far as I see the Ubuntu must be preconfigured so that one can access it by SSH out of the box with root privileges. Just dont know how.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
What you could do to get SSH setup is ssh into your FreeNAS box and then use the jls and jexec command to get into your jail, then edit and start ssh. After that you can connect to the linux box directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.