U3 Update Windows Shares

RDM

Explorer
I just updated to U3. Everything seems good, however I lost my SMB Windows shares.

Anyone else experience this? They are all there in FreeNas and SMB is on but I can't get to them via any Windows machines.

Any fixes?

Thanks...

diedrichg

Wizard
Other reports

RDM

Explorer
Thanks guys. I restarted SMB and yes they are back.

Didn't see this anywhere so I took the plunge and updated.

Hope everything else is good.

LurkerBoy

Cadet
Same problem for me!

But reboot the server and/or restart of SMB service don't work!

I solved setting the correct value in: Services > SMB > Configure > Administrators Group

It seems that the upgrade from 11.3-U2.1 to 11.3-U3, in my case, changed/deleted this setting!!!

All the other seems to be fine

Juan Manuel Palacios

Contributor
Is there a 11.3-U3.1 hotfix release in the works, perhaps?

elorimer

Contributor
I also had the no-dashboard problem after the U3 update so I've rolled back to U2.1 and both problems were resolved.

Alecmascot

Guru
I also had the no-dashboard problem after the U3 update so I've rolled back to U2.1 and both problems were resolved.
This is usually a browser cache issue

vafk

Contributor
@LurkerBoy

Thank you for your post which fixed the issue it hit me tonight.

At this occasion I'd like to ask the community if someone could explain why these surprises happen quite often.
A new update brings nasty errors such as this. Today we have Ascension of Jesus so we have free time. We watched TV last night and 2 am I told my family "let me quickly update our two FreeNA, will be to bed in 10 Minutes". Well it took me almost an hour to fix the problem.

I understand are nightly builds are dangerous. But from a "official" update I expect to have those who present it a major service such as SMB to be tested and not to fail. Unless they do not use SMB and in such case I wonder what else they don't test what is included hence leaving me and many others be the guinea pig.

vafk

Contributor
You have to apply the workaround (see @LurkerBoy comments) each time you reboot FreeNAS

elorimer

Contributor