SOLVED Truenas VMWare - H240 error "adapter refuses to accept config update"

ljvb

Dabbler
This is a new Vsphere host. I had no problems running the h240 and Truenas on the original VMWare server (7.0). I recently updated the machine (maxed out the ram) and added a second riser cage for 3 pci cards to my DL380p G8, reinstalled VMWare 7.0U2, and now I cannot get Truenas to recognize the card, and I get the error
Code:
ciss0: adapter refuses to accept config update (IDBR 0.1)

mptutil shows the adapter identified as sas3444

It appears to work just fine under Truenas Scale, although I just tested it using a basic install, I did not try to import existing pools.
Weird, at one point I was able to see the controller and disks.. not anymore.

Any ideas.. I do have a number of other controllers (Dell, and 1015s, but I would prefer to use the sas3 one I have). I think the only difference I can think of, is that It is currently in the 380p with a 12LFF cage, and before it was a 25 sff cage.

Last edited:

ljvb

Dabbler
Okay.. I fixed the problem.. ish...

It appears to be a esx driver error.. and may be specific to HP users who are using the custom HP VMWare installer iso for 7.0 and up.
The driver for the 240 is at version 70, I went to HPs website and downloaded the 67 driver for.
I had to force the VIB install as it will fail the version check otherwise.

The controller and the cage are now function correctly, although again, I have not put any load on it, just viewed the disks.