TrueNAS Scale: Passthrough CD/DVD ROM to VM

Hello,
I have looked around and can't find a direct answer to this. In TrueNAS Scale running a VM, is there a way to pass through the local DVD ROM to the VM? I know you can attach an ISO, but that's not what I want. I want the VM to access the local DVD ROM. Yes, VT-D is enabled and the IOMMU shows enabled on the CLI. I am assuming that feature is not available at this time, but thought I would ask.

Thanks,
Chris

orbitplum

Cadet
I am having exactly the same problem. Want to use m-discs as an archive backup and am unable to read the device from a vm or jail. I also cannot install packages in the base os such as growisofs because truenas does not allow to do so.

For the future people googling this, it seems most people are buying a pci sata card and passing it through to the VM.

For the future people googling this, it seems most people are buying a pci sata card and passing it through to the VM.
Okay, I actually got it to work. I am using an HBA for my storage drives, so I just passed through my motherboard's sata controller over to my windows VM and am running MakeMKV on it. I think it's because I am using an AMD system or a consumer mobo that I had a crap ton of issues trying to pass through a pci device. I kept getting IOMMU errors. I had to dig into the BIOS to find a few settings I had to turn on. It was in some folders I had no idea what meant what but I eventually found a few settings that needed to be enabled before I could enable IOMMU in the BIOS.