TrueNAS SCALE - NFS - Allow privileged / 'insecure' port option?

tackyone

Dabbler
Hi,

I just moved from TrueNAS CORE to TrueNAS SCALE - and hit a couple of issues with NFS (one I've fixed, one I can't fix). Having done some digging around - I found:

- There appeared to be a referenced / orphaned user somewhere on the system, which stopped it from building '/etc/exports' - which I fixed by deleting all the NFS shares - and re-creating them. :smile:

- More importantly, I need to enable the NFS 'insecure' option - otherwise a lot of the clients fail to mount anything. :frown:

e.g. on macOS:

sh-3.2# mount -t nfs 192.168.0.20:/mnt/vol/test /mnt mount_nfs: can't mount /mnt/vol/test /mnt from 192.168.0.20 onto /mnt: Permission denied

But if I use:

sh-3.2# mount -t nfs -o resvport 192.168.0.20:/mnt/vol/test /mnt sh-3.2#

It works.

Apparently I can fix this on the server if I can set the 'insecure' option for nfsd - but I can't see where to set that?

On clients with command line access - I can probably use the 'resvport' option. But on various pacakges I don't have that option (e.g. Mac Finder, other software using NFS for storage handling it's own mapping) - so need to set it on the server...

Any idea if this is settable anywhere? With TrueNAS CORE this 'just worked' on all the software I have, whereas it doesn't under SCALE, so I'd guess this option isn't set by default (when it either was before - or just wasn't "cared" about by CORE).

Thanks

Bit of an old post, buuut a search found it, so:

The option you're looking for is 'Allow non-root mount', found in the NFS service settings.. It might not have been present when you wrote this post.