TrueNAS SCALE - Install RAID Driver ?

PICcie

Dabbler
Hello,

I'm currently renewing my software system. I want to use TrueNAS SCALE on my existing server :
- Asus Z10PE D16 WS
- 16GB RAM
- 2x XEON e5-2620v3

I search to install TrueNAS on a RAID 1 of two SSD. I use the LSI RAID provided by my MB.
During the installation, TrueNAS don't recognize my RAID but the 2 SSD separatly. How can I install the LSI driver to be able to install on the RAID 1 ?
I know that TrueNAS SCALE is still in dev state but I have to check if my futur software architecture is functional or not...

Thank in advance for your help.
Best Regards,

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Never use hardware RAID for TrueNAS/ZFS.

Let TrueNAS mirror the individual drives if you want a mirrored boot pool.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
If you can disable the RAID function explicitly, do so. If not, you might want to check if the controller presents the disks in HBA mode - it looks like it from what you wrote. Or if it presents them as single disk "volumes". In that case I would not use it.

Would you like to post the relevant boot messages? Can you get SMART data from the SSDs?

PICcie

Dabbler
Thanks for yours answers.
Effectively, I have disable RAID and select the two disks in the installation tools and it's seems working. I don't see the system pool in the WEB interface but I suppose that it's not implemented yet in the dev version.

sretalla