Truenas Scale Cobia VM autostart

Ger

Dabbler
Hi everyone, I updated to the latest version of Cobia and noticed that the VMs don't start automatically after a server reboot. I checked the VM settings and the autostart option is flagged. Has anyone had the same problem? Thank you
My configuration is:
TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.1
Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2224G CPU @ 3.50GHz
RAM 32GB ECC

probain

Patron
I had something similar. But it was only on the first boot after upgrade. The reboots afterwards have been as expected. Not counting user "influence" of course

Ger

Dabbler
Hi, in this regard I also noticed that any changes I make to any of the VMs (ram changes, or processor or other...) the interface confirms that I have saved the changes correctly but in fact this is not the case, everything has remained as before.
Mine is a server that I have at home and I mainly use it for testing before applying updates to the production servers.

probain

Patron
Hi, in this regard I also noticed that any changes I make to any of the VMs (ram changes, or processor or other...) the interface confirms that I have saved the changes correctly but in fact this is not the case, everything has remained as before.
Mine is a server that I have at home and I mainly use it for testing before applying updates to the production servers.
There is a jira for that bug. So we'll see it in a future update soon:ish. There are workaround though.

Ger

Dabbler
Thanks for the information, could you tell me the alternative solutions? Thank you

probain

Patron
NAS-125803
Forumpost-link to a another issue. Detailing that sometimes you could just re-setup a new VM with the new settings. This will probably be the most viable option until the proper patch lands.