TrueNas Scale Bluefin 22.12.0 - Correct Setup

bacardi8

Explorer
@Daisuke

A very nice guide.
I have upgraded already to Bluefin 22.12.0 before this guide from you, so I still not have the correct setup.
I have no experience in this, so maybe you could help me out a little.

I have a similar setup as in your guide, means a main pool with 4 x WD Red 14TB drives for my media,
a second pool on a 500GB SSD named "software" for applications, I will soon install 2 x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB and run these in mirror
for applications. I have 3 x 1TB SSD's in my system already but Truenas keeps giving me warnings on these disks, I dont know why,
but it seems the system dont like them.
These Samsung SSD's where in backorder here so I will have to migrate later from the 500GB SSD.

My system is up running and I only have the app Emby installed, this is also running well.
My issue now with the setup is that I still use "Root" as user and I run with unticked validation of hostpart, (for Emby to start)
So it would be great if you could help me getting this setup correctly.

Cheers

Daisuke

Contributor
@bacardi8 I presume you login into UI with root user? Next, enable back host path Safety Checks in Apps > Settings > Advanced Settings. This will prevent you from starting the app, is expected. What pool you use for your apps, is it the SSD pool? Here it is mines:

1671418765657.png

My software pool datasets, running on dual SSDs (default pool is for my media files):

1671419119049.png

What are your current shares? I presume you use either SMB or NFS shares. Please post a screenshot.

Last edited:

bacardi8

Explorer
Yes you're right, I use Root.
Now I have enabled hostpath safety check back again.
I use SMB for sharing mt media.

Shares.png

bacardi8

Explorer
I use same pool as you "software" on a 500GB SSD, and I use "tank" pool for media

Software Pool.png

bacardi8

Explorer
What you mean by that..??.....yes lets take that later.
No...Only if I untick validation of hostpath, otherwise Emby stuck on deploying.

bacardi8

Explorer
Hi again,

I think that I still have something not ticked or ticked wrong.
Emby runs, but plex is stucked on deploying, Jellyfin has error already at install.

Maybe we could have a look at that once you have time.