TrueNAS Scale and DirectoryServices

Hi!
Long time user of FreeNAS / TrueNAS but this is the first time I post something.

I had a problem with my DirectoryServices (TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.1 on esxi). TrueNAS could not authenticate against my domain controller after a reboot. I saw a *wrong username/password* in the logfiles. In the GUI under *Credentials -> Directory Services* I could not reenter the credentials. I googled and found some suggestions, deleting the kerberos keytab and realms, renaming the domain to tmp and change it back .... nothing helped, nothing got me back to the GUI when I first joined the domain and hence I could not reenter the domain.

I found a solution, after a few hours:
- delete kerberos keytab and realms in GUI
- Exporting the Configuration
- extracting the TAR
- open the database file in a SQLite editor
- remove the domain data in the table directoryservice_activedirectory (not deleting the row, just removing the data for my domain)
- reTAR the files
- import the configuration

Now I was able to join the domain as if it was the first time.
I'm posting in feedback because I found a solution, but that is by far not a good one. There should be a better way to reset the domain configuration.

Nevertheless: I'm using Free/TrueNAS for years now and I'm an absolute fan and support the project by buying the appliances. Great Product!

Thanks for reading.