Truenas reinstalled but file transfer via samba does not start

GUAGGIO

Dabbler
Good evening everyone and happy new year.
These days I restarted my NAS with Truenas 13-U5.3.
At first everything was fine, I reinstalled the system because I added some disks and easily recreated my BACKUP pool in ZFS1.
The problem arises when I go to access the pool via smb with Windows Explorer to test the transfer speed.
Immediately after the first installation everything seems fine I can copy and move files. However, as soon as I turn the NAS off and on again I can always access the pool from explorer and I also see the copied files but any file transfer from and to the pool starts but does not progress.
In all this, CPU usage goes from around 0 to at least 50% without doing anything after the first reboot.
On the pool everything seems fine and the webgui system responds calmly.
In all this the files are from windows but on the pool it shows me that it is empty.

My configuration is:
Truenas 13-U5.3.
MB : Asus P5B
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 6600
RAM: 6GB
HDD Boot: 500GB Sata from Seagate
HDD pool: 6 * HDD 1TB

GUAGGIO

Dabbler
Good morning everyone.
I don't know how but the problem seems to have resolved itself.
The only thing I touched was the DRAM frequency which I then also reset to automatic.
In summary it now works perfectly, except for the problem that I don't understand but it was present before that the download of files is limited to 95MB/s while the upload is close to 1Gb/s, still the same pool, so it's fine.

NugentS

MVP
Wow - thats kinda old. (CPU and Motherboard)

The Core2Duo is missing AES so its having to use the main CPU processes to compress / decompress.
The Motherboard is using a Realtek NIC which may also explain the upload / download issues.

Also - you have 7 SATA devices, but only 4+1 on the motherboard - so you clearly have something added - but not in your hardware spec. I am assuming you aren't using PATA

A full spec is important

GUAGGIO

Dabbler
Wow - è un po' vecchio. (CPU e scheda madre)
Yes, it's old, but for what I have to do with it it's always worked well.
Inoltre, hai 7 dispositivi SATA, ma solo 4+1 sulla scheda madre, quindi hai chiaramente qualcosa in aggiunta, ma non nelle tue specifiche hardware. Presumo che tu non stia usando PATA
Sorry, I forgot that I added a PCI-express sata port expander with 4 sata ports.
The Motherboard is using a Realtek NIC which may also explain the upload / download issues.
do you think that's the problem? Honestly, I would have expected the opposite, that is, slower uploading to the NAS than downloading

NugentS

MVP
Can you provide a link to the PCIe SATA expander. Most of those are utter junk and can cause issues.

What is (at least) vaguely interesting is that your download is low, and your upload is high. Downloading from the NAS initially uses ARC (if data is in ARC) whereas writing to the NAS, writes to memory first (for 5 seconds) and then flushes that to disk.

How much memory do you have?

NugentS

MVP
Thats below the reccomended minimum. At least you are running core