Truenas iocage Tunnel Bear VPN setup Help please

Nitro626

Dabbler
Hi All,

I have just upgraded my Dell r710 Nas to Truenas from freenas, I normally run Sonarr Radarr and Jackett in 1 jail/iocage these plugins tell Transmission in another jail what to download. However my UK isp blocks access to some of the sites Sonarr and Radarr try to access. So i have been using my free tunnelbear vpn on my windows desktop to access those sites. Transmission then has no problem downloading with no vpn.

So I thought I will just add my TunnelBear vpn to the Sonarr Radarr and Jackett iocage (My TB vpn account has 500mb a month free however this rolls over every month so I have 16GB of download available) so I checked TB vpn support pages and they have instructions for Linux TB Linux setup

I then followed this guide and tried to adapt it for TB vpn however it I get this error message when trying to start openvpn
Code:
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/openvpn start
Starting openvpn.
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/openvpn: WARNING: failed to start openvpn

I copied the TunnelBear Canada.ovpn config file text and pasted it into /usr/local/etc/openvpn/openvpn.conf I then copied CACertificate.crt UserCertificate.crt too the same location and chmod 0600 all 3 files. Those 3 files came from the TBvpn config zip file.
my openvpn.conf looks like this at the moment:
Code:
client
dev tun0
proto udp
nobind
ns-cert-type server
persist-key
persist-tun
reneg-sec 0
dhcp-option DNS 8.8.8.8
dhcp-option DNS 8.8.4.4
redirect-gateway
verb 5
auth-xxx@xxx.com-xxxxx (my login details)
ca /usr/local/etc/openvpn/CACertificate.crt
cert /usr/local/etc/openvpn/UserCertificate.crt
remote ca.lazerpenguin.com 443
cipher AES-256-GCM
auth SHA256
keysize 256

I can not find a guide for TB guide for truenas iocage anywhere, can anyone see an obvious mistake or am I going about this completely the wrong way?

Nitro626

Dabbler
Here is a bit more info

Code:
root@Sonarr-Radarr:/usr/local/etc/openvpn # tail /var/log/messages
Jan 14 00:36:38 Sonarr-Radarr syslogd: exiting on signal 15
Jan 14 23:05:38 Sonarr-Radarr syslogd: kernel boot file is /boot/kernel/kernel
Jan 14 23:05:38 Sonarr-Radarr openvpn[16367]: WARNING: --keysize is DEPRECATED and will be removed in OpenVPN 2.6
Jan 14 23:05:38 Sonarr-Radarr openvpn[16367]: Options error: If you use one of --cert or --key, you must use them both
Jan 14 23:05:38 Sonarr-Radarr openvpn[16367]: Use --help for more information.
Jan 14 23:05:38 Sonarr-Radarr root[16373]: /etc/rc: WARNING: failed to start openvpn
Jan 14 23:06:49 Sonarr-Radarr openvpn[16572]: WARNING: --keysize is DEPRECATED and will be removed in OpenVPN 2.6
Jan 14 23:06:49 Sonarr-Radarr openvpn[16572]: Options error: If you use one of --cert or --key, you must use them both
Jan 14 23:06:49 Sonarr-Radarr openvpn[16572]: Use --help for more information.
Jan 14 23:06:49 Sonarr-Radarr root[16576]: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/openvpn: WARNING:failed to start openvpn

onthax

Explorer
looks like there is an error with your config.

Code:
Options error: If you use one of --cert or --key

have you looks in your conf and pass to see if it is correct?