TrueNAS Core completely locks up

atechnoholic

Cadet
So - Not sure if this is something that needs a bug report or not, but I'm having an issue where TrueNAS Core completely locks up. Can't access through the GUI, all shares and jails become inaccessible, IPIMI or directly connected it is completely unresponsive.

I *think* it is related to the NUT driver and a compatibility issue with my UPS. I use Tripp-lite UPS's and connect via USB to my server.
The console will show the UPS connect then disconnect, connect then disconnect and keeps repeating. If I keep my UPS disconnected the server won't lock up. But If I connect it, after a while - days, week or so - no pattern to the time it locks up.

Granted this is a hunch and I may be missing something else. Any input is apreciated.

The server is an HP DL380 g8. 128gb RAM and LACP with 2 10G ports.

I am having a very similar issue when a large file copy or move over NFS occurs. Our TrueNAS core on a HPE Gen 10 Microserver with 32GB Ram 2 x1GB interfaces. Completely locks up, only way to recover is hard reboot.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Are these Ryzen-powered boxes? If so, have the Ryzen-appropriate BIOS work-arounds been enabled (disable Cool-n-Quiet, disable C6 state)?

sretalla