TrueNAS 12.0-U7 gptzfsboot : error 128 lba XXXXXXXX

GGi

Cadet
Overnight, my NAS (crashed? then rebooted) then when I came in this morning, my TRUENAS 12.0-U7 is down. I checked the hardware (all=ok), I rebooted a couple of time but the errors messages are steady:
While truenas boot is in progress, I have :
gptzfsboot : error 128 lba xxxxxxxx ( repeated 8 times at least)
then
BIOS drive C; is disk0
etc....
then
BIOS drive N: is disk11
ZFS: i/o error - all block copies unavailable
ZFS: failed to read pool
"mypoolname" directory object
BIOS 602kB/3136000kB available memory
FreeBSD/x86 bootstrap loader, Revision 1.1
ZFS: can't find pool by guid
ERROR: cannot open /boot/lua/loader.lua : invalid argument

Type '?' for a list of commands,....
OK

(see attached pictures)

Please could you let me know how to recover my NAS ? ( I have poor knowledge about ZFS and FreeBSD).
Many thanks in advance for your help,
GGi

Attachments

• pict1.png
    pict1.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 117
  • pict2.png
    pict2.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 116

GGi

Cadet
knock, knock, knock...Somebody hôôme ?
Your help would be welcome !
Awaiting anxiously an answer !
Many thanks,
GG

jgreco

Resident Grinch
knock, knock, knock...Somebody hôôme ?
Your help would be welcome !
Awaiting anxiously an answer !
Many thanks,
GG

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Please note that the Forum Rules, conveniently linked at the top of every page in red, ask that users post a full hardware manifest of your system as part of a problem report, along with a configuration summary. This helps community members understand some of the context, such as the reliability of your boot device, whether it has redundancy, where your system dataset is located, etc.

Without that information, I think all that can be said is that your boot device has suffered some kind of failure. This is generally not a fatal error, your data should be safe, but you may need to rethink your boot pool.

If you are using something weedy like a USB thumb drive and kept the system dataset located on it, this can burn through endurance very quickly and kill the thumb drive. If you've used an actual SSD and it failed anyways, there are ways to make that more reliable too. Without any insight into what your platform is built on, it's hard to provide any relevant advice to your situation.