Troubleshooting false connection with initial install of 13.0-U2

DaddyHead

Cadet
Hello community, I am in need of direction to troubleshoot what I think is a connection issue...I think. I have just built my first NAS and chose TrueNAS as the system for what I thought was escaping the attachment to other propritary software/brands and after a difficult install am drawing the conclusion that I'm not fully/properly connected to the internet/my network. I apologize ahead of time, I feel that I, once again, took for granted (thanks Youtube) how difficult a network attached storage could really be but appreciate any patience ahead of time as this is only a week into my journey of a home NAS. Here is my Noob/ignorant way of explaining why I'm coming to this "no connection" idea:
I have a my own modem (SURF board SB8200) connected to my router (eero Pro model B010001) then hardwired to my NAS. My particulars >>
Version: TrueNAS-13.0-U2
MSI MS-7778 (Jasmine)
AMD A8-5500
RAM 8 GB
4 drives total, 3 x WD40PURX with 4TB setup as RAID Z, Boot drive is 1.5 TB Sata 7200
Hard disk controllers (SATA...I think)
Network card - Wireless-LAN 802.11 b/g/n feat. single-band (2.4 Ghz) 1x1 LAN-Atheros AR8161L gigabit Ethernet controller
I then am accessing the GUI with a toughbook that has Mint 21 Cinnamon 64 bit, that I am able to access the NAS with but then not. Which, is the primary problem I am having.

My first clue was attempting to connect to my plugins and getting this >>
Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 355, in run

await self.future

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 393, in __run_body

rv = await self.middleware.run_in_thread(self.method, *([self] + args))

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1154, in run_in_thread

return await self.run_in_executor(self.thread_pool_executor, method, *args, **kwargs)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1151, in run_in_executor

return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run

result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 979, in nf

return f(*args, **kwargs)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail_freebsd.py", line 372, in available

return self.middleware.call_sync('plugin.available_impl', options).wait_sync(raise_error=True)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 326, in wait_sync

raise CallError(self.error)

middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(128)

cmdline: git clone -v https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git /mnt/SDN/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git

stderr: 'Cloning into '/mnt/SDN/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git'...

fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git/': Couldn't connect to server

'
So I did some searching and found that I had possible Global Config issues and when I opened that up I found that my GUI IP was listed in the IPv4 default gateway so I then put in the IP of my router but got no change. So after playing with different IP's and even getting a whole different subdomain and plugging it in to "Nameserver 1" I still had no connections to iXsystems or community plugins. So I then continued to search and read and followed the trial of a possible upgrade needed but only receive this >> Unable to connect to url https://update-master.ixsystems.com/TrueNAS/trains.txt: Automatic update check failed. Please check system network settings. << when checking for any upgrades under system / update.

I decided that since I could access the NAS via my laptop I would troubleshoot the plugins and updates at a later time and instead wanted to focus on having the space to backup data/photos now. Only to no avail! Anytime I attempt to copy ANY data over through the network it stalls and I get this window >>
attemtp.png

And this happens to any kind of data I attempt to copy over to the NAS. I even can see the folder along with some photos that I copy over but when I try to access the pictures I get a window that pops open telling me that I "Could not load image "file name" Error interpreting JPEG image file (improper call to JPEG library in state 200)

So, I have found that this is three things associated with my NAS that are pointing to me to not being connected properly to something.. somewhere, but I am a loss as to figure out what direction I need to go/test in order to sort this out. I then am humbly requesting help in getting this thing connected/configured properly because I can't even connect to the thing to store data. Thank you in advance for your time and help in this matter.

DaddyHead

Cadet
Don't know if this helps or hurts or is indifferent but I messed around with it more today and under global config. I checked the box NetBIOS-NS and that did allow my NAS to be discovered on my Android phone without having to input it manually. But still cant copy any data over to it. Thanks for any help.

DaddyHead

Cadet
Update...Thanks to anyone who may have been working on a solution for me however I could not get Core to work so I scrapped Core and did a fresh install of Scale and it worked perfectly out of the box. I have been adding files and data back and forth. I'm not sure if I can edit this post to show not applicable but thanks again.