Trouble with Influxdb/Telegraf on Grafana ?

FormBurden

Cadet
I got everything to work, stats are getting posted to Grafana, but I think I've noticed something odd. I think stats are not pushing correctly because the stats are coming from the jail, not the entire FreeNas server as a whole. An example. I have ada2 that has pictures and the like, and i set Grafana to read any kind of data. As I scroll through pics, my PC network monitor is stating several MB/s but only KB/s are being pushed/read on the Grafana. Even though I have the exact drive picked. I did the same experiment with same settings on Grafana on my Windows 10 and the correct MB/s are being read. So I think the settings are within the jail not the entire system.

Is there some settings on the jail that will push all data of the system, not the jail to Telegraf? Or is it a line-setting within the conf file in telegraf?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I think what you want to do is use the graphite server option under System | Reporting.

Graphite works well with Grafana and you can enable the graphite DB option on an influxdb.

FormBurden

Cadet
I think what you want to do is use the graphite server option under System | Reporting.

Graphite works well with Grafana and you can enable the graphite DB option on an influxdb.
Ah I see. I was using that earlier and it worked fine, but there were some simple things that were not there such as CPU usage, and other simple monitoring stuff. The things that are there are more for IT monitoring and such. So that is why I used Telegraf, plus Telegraf has plugins that you can add or uncomment. While graphite I seem to not be able to even find any kind of "plugin" stuff to add to add the missing things. Maybe I'm missing something?

Plus I never even added graphite, is it built into FreeNas or something? And when adding things like Influxdb you just un-comment graphite to make it work? Seems that's the only thing I have done. I've logged into influx on SSH and viewed the databases and the measurements for graphite, but like I said above, CPU info of any kind is not there at all. Do you or anyone else know if you can add stats to the conf file (which idk where it's even at, not in /etc or something?

sretalla