SOLVED Trouble with Guacamole Plugin

spiceygas

Explorer
TrueNAS-12.0-U8.1

I'm trying to use the community plugin for Guacamole. It installed fine, admin web portal works well. After configuring an RDP connection, it won't connect. I also tried an SSH connection, and that won't connect either. Every time I try I get the error:
An internal error has occurred within the Guacamole server, and the connection has been terminated.

The machines I'm connecting to are on the local LAN, and I'm absolutely sure they are connectable with RDP and SSH (verified via another box). But Guacamole refuses to connect.

The documentation for Guacamole says to check the syslog.

/var/log/messages has some messages, but the timing doesn't match when I'm trying to make a connection.
Code:
Aug 13 13:33:33 guacamole-RDP root[2300]: /usr/sbin/service: WARNING: $dbus_enable is not set properly - see rc.conf(5).
Aug 13 13:33:33 guacamole-RDP root[2306]: /usr/sbin/service: WARNING: $avahi_daemon_enable is not set properly - see rc.conf(5).
Aug 13 13:33:33 guacamole-RDP root[2311]: /usr/sbin/service: WARNING: $cupsd_enable is not set properly - see rc.conf(5).

I modified /etc/syslog.conf to log everything to /var/log/all.log. Walked through the workflow and nothing appeared in the log.

I even turned on debug-level logging for guacd (/usr/local/etc/guacamole-server/guacd.conf), restarted the service, and still nothing appears in the log.

Any ideas? Has anyone else had success with the community plugin for Guacamole?

Last edited:

spiceygas

Explorer
The original plugin developer helped me solve it. In guacd.conf, I had to change
bind_host = localhost
to
bind_host = 0.0.0.0

Thank you leandroscardua for the help.

Adnan

Dabbler
Last edited:

spiceygas

Explorer
what is the location of this file? I cannot find it in the guacd or guacamole-client pods?

I'm not at the terminal, but from memory I think it's at:
Code:
/usr/local/etc/guacamole-server/guacd.conf

Be sure you're at the console in your jail. Either access from the TrueNAS admin web portal, or do:
Code:
iocage console <jail-name>

Adnan

Dabbler
/usr/local/etc/guacamole-server/guacd.conf
thanks, but I am using TrueNAS scale and here the location is different. so I cannot find it in the scale Kubernetes apps

spiceygas

Explorer
Have you tried using the find command to locate the file?