Trouble getting plugins to see my CIFS shares

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykkimies

Cadet
I am getting this same issue from SABNzb, Couchpotato, and Sickbeard so I know it has something to do with my setup of freenas.
When i go to picm a downloads folder in the configuration of these plugins the location that my CIFS share should be shows up blank.

My Share is located at /mnt/FreeNAS/Media/
When i browse the file trees in the plugins i get to /mnt/ and then it is just blank.
Any ideas how i can fix this?
Also I am willing to start from scratch if need be. I am still new to freenas and trying to learn.

tykkimies

Cadet
Tried following the steps in the manual and i still get the same issue.
I also tried following step by step with the video on http://www.freenas.org/about/videos.html
The one that says FreeNas 9.2.x With BT Sync...
Same issue happens.
I cannot see My CIFS share in the plugins configuration. How am i supposed to actually get to my downloads if i cannot select my downloads location?

D

dlavigne

What are the permissions and ownership on the mount point?

tykkimies

Cadet
I kept it as default owner and group being root and wheel. I checked all boxes and did UNIX Acl
I also deleted the share and recreated it trying Widnows Acl root owner and wheel.
Also tried with nobody owner and nogroup with both unix and windows Acl's.

I am pretty sure this is where my issue is happening just no idea how to fix it.
Do i need to actualy create a user in freenas to be able access my shares from these plugins? I am not worried about security and figured if i kept root as owner and allowed guest access with full read write execute that there should be no issue.

Again thanks for all the assistance.

danb35

Hall of Famer
You are not accessing your shares from the jail, or at least you shouldn't be--nothing in the CIFS configuration matters to this operation. You are accessing (or attempting to access) one or more directories on your server within your jail. When you go to the Jails tab, select your plugin jail, and click the Add Storage button at the bottom of the screen, you'll get a new window. In the Source field, you'll enter the directory on your server that you want your plugin to be able to access--/mnt/FreeNAS/Media. In the Destination field, enter a mount point within the jail--/mnt/whatever. That directory likely won't exist, so you'll leave the "Create directory" box checked.

The question then is what are the permissions on /mnt/whatever within your jail.

tykkimies

Cadet
i tried doing a fresh install, and attempted getting the plugins to work before i even setup my cifs share. The way i had set it up was to add a dataset for jails, and a data set for my media. I set my root to the data set i created called jails. It ends up being /mnt/FreeNAS/Jails. When i install the plugin it creates the jail, and i add storage to it.
What i did was set source to /mnt/FreeNAS/Media - The other data set i created.
I set the destination to /media which is where all the guides i have read said to put it.
In terms of permissions for the jails i left it as default.
How do i change the permissions on the jail? When i open a shell in my sabnzbd jail i see what Sabnzbd shows that there is nothing in the mnt folder.
What i need to do is set my downloads to go to the other dataset i created which is outside my jail to my media dataset.

tykkimies

Cadet
i know there is nothing in them yet. there is mot supposed to be. My problem is that i want to be able to set sabnzbd and other plugins to automatically download to my media dataset, but when i click the browse in thw SABNzbd config all i see is the file tree foe the jail. So i am never able to access my downloads. what i would like to do is share my media data set with a cifs share and then be able to see what i downloaded from a windows computer.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
From the jail look in /media that will be equivalent to /mnt/FreeNAS/Media

If you create a windows share for /mnt/FreeNAS/Media and put a file there, that same file will show up in the jail under /media

tykkimies

Cadet
Thanks. Thats what it was. I feel like an idiot. I wasn't fully understanding how the mount points and jails were working. Good learning experience though.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Now also remember that the file that shows up in /media is the same file as /mnt/freenas/media so don't go deleting the one in the jail thinking it is a copy. Lots of people do this

Status
Not open for further replies.