Transmission - Unable to save resume file

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabs138

Cadet
I've been having a hell of a time getting Transmission to work properly, and I've read everything I could find regarding this issue and have had no luck. So any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated at this point!

After following the installation instructions from the recent Lifehacker NAS article, everything has been working fine except for the fact that Transmission will begin a download, but will eventually produce the following error after a few minutes:

Error: Unable to save resume file: No such file or directory

I also get this error whenever I attempt to pause an actively downloading torrent. What's really strange is that I'm able to download torrents to completion, but I have to constantly go to the WebGUI and restart the download every few minutes.

If it's any help, I'll copy some of the jail permissions I've set in case anyone sees a glaring error. I did a chmod 777 on some of the folders since I have no external network security concerns. Please don't hesitate to ask for any other details or screenshots if needed.

My download folder - /mnt/usr/BTDownloads
Code:
drwxrwxr-x  4 1001  transmission    6 Jun 15 16:05 BTDownloads

Transmission folder - /mnt/usr/pbi/
Code:
drwxrwxrwx 17 1003 1003 25 Jun 12 01:52 transmission-amd64

Transmission home directory
Code:
drwxrwxrwx 3 transmission transmission 5 Jun 15 15:07 home

Elo

Contributor
If it's any help, I'll copy some of the jail permissions I've set in case anyone sees a glaring error. I did a chmod 777 on some of the folders since I have no external network security concerns. Please don't hesitate to ask for any other details or screenshots if needed.

My download folder - /mnt/usr/BTDownloads
Code:
drwxrwxr-x  4 1001  transmission    6 Jun 15 16:05 BTDownloads

Transmission folder - /mnt/usr/pbi/
Code:
drwxrwxrwx 17 1003 1003 25 Jun 12 01:52 transmission-amd64

Transmission home directory
Code:
drwxrwxrwx 3 transmission transmission 5 Jun 15 15:07 home

I had the same error. The the usr/pbi directory structure inside the jail had owner 1014 (I followed the Youtube video to the letter). I changed the owner to root:wheel and set the permissions to 777 for the resume and the torrent directories (you se the full path as part of the error message). This solved that problem for me but is ofcourse a very insecure solution. I o struggle with problems of connecting to trackers. In fact I am not able to connect to anyone of them but that is for another thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.