Transmission pre-installed since 8r7661. Future new feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfr2006

Contributor
Hi:

It seems that since 8r7611, transmission already comes installed. Does this means that it will be a available feature in the final release of 8.0.1? And will there be any control and configuration of it in the WEBGUI?

Also, it would be nice to have the file manager in the webgui :cool:

ProtoSD

MVP
Jeez, you get a taste and you want the whole cake! ;-) PLEASE be thankful that the developers have done that as they are working hard to get more important stuff fixed. There's also no guarantee that it will be included in the final release.

jfr2006

Contributor
I've had transmission running ok on previous releases, so i was just asking how it was gone be...

As for the file manager, i had already asked as a feature in a previous post.

Regards

cubix

http://support.freenas.org/ticket/58

Changed 13 days ago by gcooper

Milestone set to 8.1-RELEASE
Working on adding transmission-daemon to the mix this weekend. I won't have a GUI to accompany it, but at least you guys will be able to use BT on the CLI until the GUI bits are added.

Looks like an early taster but won't make 8.0.1

ProtoSD

MVP
Thanks for finding and posting that Cubix, at least that should pacify some of the torrent requests.

dziring

Dabbler
I noticed that the latest note on the ticket says "transmission in base unofficially. A semi-official plugin will be available by 8.1."

I haven't had a chance to update to 8.0.2 release. Is the transmission daemon in there now?

jerrybme

Dabbler
I've got 8.0.2 i can't see transmission, doesn't appear in processes either

It isn't included in 8.0.2, you have to build freenas from source and enable the MULTIMEDIA option. It will add Transmission, firefly and minidlna. Here's a How-to if you want to "roll your own", it requires having access to either a freebsd server or a vm installation. Probably the best way is to put in a "Jail" until 8.1 comes out and it is either included in the release or available as a plugin. Here's a How-to on Jailing transmission if you are feeling adventurous.

Status
Not open for further replies.