Transmission download folder issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasemo

Dabbler
Hi,
I seem to be having some difficulty with my Transmission fstab links.
I managed to set up Transmission on my FreeNAS 11 box a number of months ago. Initially, I set my Transmission jail's fstab links to folders on a dedicated "Transmission" dataset, however this meant every time I moved completed files to my shared folders my PC did a slow copy/delete of them all. I planned to change the links as my understanding is that if both the shared folders and the download folders were on the same dataset, any moves between them would be handled within FreeNAS and be practically instantaneous.

However, when I changed the fstab links, they don't have any effect. No matter where I change the link to, Transmission somehow manages to download to the same folder. I understand I may be misunderstanding how transmission folders work, but can anyone explain this? For what it's worth, I also am experiencing that weird feature where the settings.json download-dir keeps resetting even when changed, yet since that is always wrong, I'm doubting that is related.

Can anyone suggest anything? Or do I just need to nuke the jail from orbit and re-install?

Cheers & thanks for the help.

marcevan

Patron
Did you turn off the plugin when you changed this and then bounce the jail from on to off to on?

jasemo

Dabbler
I think I tried the lot: plugin off/on, jail off/on, plugin & jail off/on & finally rebooting FreeNAS. Each time downloads would still appear at the original fstab linked location rather than the updated one.

I finally got it to move after my client caused Transmission to crash. Once it was restarted the new fstab setting took effect. My guess is, is that like the settings.json reset behaviour, Transmission cached the fstab path somewhere else too and reverted to that until the crash. I'd love to know how to reliably reset it, but might just let it do its thing for a bit, now.

Weird.

marcevan

Patron
I can say that Transmission crashes if you magnetize from SickRage or SickChill to it. I just setup Transmission to have /torrent and /download folder and Sick's put torrents to /torrent and let Transmission pick those up and download to /download.

Status
Not open for further replies.