Transferring manually from seedbox to freenas

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggyk

Contributor
Looking for a straight forward way to transfer files from my seedbox to my freenas media dataset.

When I was using ubuntu server, I was using lftp through my servers ssh. Worked pretty well. Right now the only way I have been doing it is using filezilla and copying the files to the mapped drive on my windows machine. I dont want to use syncthing because I dont want to automatically transfer all the files in a particular folder. Some are not extracted and the seedbox allows me to extract on their site before transferring over. So I want full manual control of which folder/files I transfer. I dont use couchpotato or any automated services.

Im guessing opening ssh on freenas and dial into my seedbox but not sure how to transfer files.

I also need to transfer some of those files to a remote computer (family) but also manually no syncing. Il probably create another thread on that tropic.

biggyk

Contributor
Which solution did you end up using?
Right now I have my media folder mapped on my pc desktop so using filezilla I just drag and drop to the mapped drive.

I did setup lftp in a jail but it's much slower to transfer files that way.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
What wrong with transferring them to your mount point? And you can also use ftp, sft, or just ssh.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

biggyk

Contributor
What wrong with transferring them to your mount point? And you can also use ftp, sft, or just ssh.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Nothing really, I was just used to using lftp before in ssh. But using filezilla and a mount point is working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.